Gili Islands – Gili Trawangan, Gili Meno, and Gili Air – are popular tourist destinations in Indonesia. Near the coast of northwest Lombok Island, the Gili Islands are known for its several beaches, scuba diving and snorkeling spots, food, culture, and people. If you are planning to stay in Indonesia for a 2 or 3-week vacation, you should consider taking a tour of the three main islands in Gili. And to make each day worthwhile, here are some useful tips on how to enjoy a day in the Gili Islands.
Tip #1: Plan ahead
For every long trip, you should always make a plan; especially, when it is an out of the country vacation. Gili Islands are one of the top destinations for tourists; thus, to avoid mishaps, you should plan where to stay and which transportation services should you choose.
Choose the best time to travel to Gili Islands. For recommendation, the best time to travel to Gili Islands is from September to November when the weather is fine and the islands aren’t packed with other tourists.
Tip #2: Create an itinerary
Check the locations in Gili Islands and which island should you go first; from Lombok, you may start going to Gili Air, then to Gili Meno, and your last stop is in Gili Trawangan.
- Gili Air – The Island is small and peaceful, which is ideal to chill. Also, with its calm and low underwater current, it is the best place to learn how to snorkel and scuba dive.
- Gili Meno – Known as the “honeymoon island”, Gili Meno is blessed with a relaxing vibe that you probably need from a stressful life in the city. An Island is also a perfect place to scuba and snorkel, especially when it is blessed with beautiful underwater scenery. Plus, there’s this Meno wall, Gili Meno Lake, and a shipwreck to explore.
- Gili Trawangan – The largest and most popular amongst the Gili Islands; it is known as the “party island” amongst the three islands in Gili. So, if you are done with just chilling, relaxing, and doing underwater activities such as scuba diving and snorkeling, Gili Trawangan is the best place to experience a whole new meaning of a vacation. There are different clubs and bars that you can choose to party at or attend a yacht party. Also, witness the well-known magical mushroom adventure.
All of these can be experienced better if you book accommodations and transportation services beforehand. Also, stick to your itinerary to make your vacation smooth, fun, and worth it.
What to do in Gili Islands?
All of the Gilis around Bali are stunning, so, you shouldn’t miss any opportunity to visit every tourist destination in the Gili Islands. Here is the summary of the top things to do that you should think about when you visit Gili Island:
- Rent a bike and explore the island
- Learn how to scuba dive
- Try paddle-boarding, kite surfing, and kayaking
- Take selfies and find murals or street arts
- Experience Indonesian spa
- Enjoy every sunrise and sunset
- Party at the beach
If you find this interesting and convinced to visit Gili Islands, you must remember to book a fast boat ticket, as well as, accommodations. Try visiting Duck Ferries’ website today.